- Sweden are unbeaten in their four previous games against South Korea (W2 D2). It’s their first encounter at the World Cup.
- Since finishing as runners-up on home soil in 1958, Sweden have progressed past the second round of the World Cup only once, it was in 1994 when they finished third.
- Sweden are unbeaten in their last nine group games at the World Cup (W3 D6), with their last defeat in the first round of the competition dating back to 20 June 1990 (1-2 v Costa Rica). Sweden have kept only three clean sheets in their last 24 games at the World Cup.
- Sweden have won none of their last seven opening games at the World Cup (D5 L2), their last victory dating back to 1958, on home soil (3-0 v Mexico). Meanwhile, South Korea are unbeaten in their last four openers (W3 D1).
- South Korea have won only one of their last nine World Cup games (D3 L5) – it was in their opening match of the 2010 edition against Greece (2-0). That win is also their only clean sheet in their last 12 matches in the competition.
- Five of South Korea’s last eight goals at the World Cup have been scored from outside the box. Also, 12 of South Korea’s last 13 goals in the competition have come after half-time.