Ghanaian Dancehall star, Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr, best known by his stage name Shatta Wale is set to be honored at the 2018 edition of the Obaland Royal Awards in Nigeria.
The Zylofon media artiste will receive a ‘Best Song of King Ewuare II‘ award for his song Shatta Story has been named as one of 50 individuals and brands who will be honored.
The awards scheme was established on December 17, 1993.
It is put together by the Obaland Academy Board Members and the Edo Reggae Festival Inc. (ERF.INC) in conjunction with the Commissioner of Arts and Culture, Hon. Osazee Ero.
The Obaland Award antique plaque is said to be worth 34 million dollars by palace chiefs, anthropologies and Art critics. It was designed by the renowned Igun vory of Benin Empire for King Ewuare II.
Sizzla, Queen Ifrica, Chronixx, , Jah Cure,Sean Paul, and Damian Marley are some of the other personalities who will be honoured.
Full list of honourees below.
- Queen Africa – Montego Bay – Best Female Humanitarian, Best International female Reggae artist- 2018 , Mother of good message (Honor)
- Jah Cure – The Cure – Most played in Benin city 2018 (Honor)
- Chronixx – Chronology – Best Obaland Artist -2018 (Honor)
- Capleton – More Fire – Best Obaland Reggae legend – 2018 (Honor)
- Damian Marley – Stony Hill – Best song of King Ewuare II & wives -.2018- (Honor)