Last year’s winners of the National Science and Maths Quiz, Adisadel College are bent on retaining achieving a back-to-back feat while Mfantsipim School are looking at revenging the loss they they suffered in the hands of their bitterest rivals in last year’s final.
However, both schools would have to scale their respective huddles on Monday to set up another classico final.
Below is the list of schools who have qualified for the semi finals and the pairings for the semi-finals.
1. Ghana National College (Won with 51 points)
2. University Practice SHS (Won with 51 points beating Tamale SHS on tie breaker after both schools ended with 48 points).
3. Adisadel College (Won with 50 points).
4. Prempeh College (Won with 82 points). The most points attained by any school in the competition so far. Most points attained in the quarter finals in history. Though our rival school, I salute Prempeh College for that remarkable feat.
5. Mawuli SHS (Won with 56 points).
6. Mfantsipim Boys SHS (Won with 54 points).
7. Kumasi High School (Won with 43 points)
8. St. Thomas Aquinas SHS (Won with 42 points)
9. Presbyterian Boys SHS, Legon (Won with 53 points)
SEMI FINALS PAIRINGS:
Ghana National College
University Practice SHS
Kumasi High School
St. Thomas Aquinas SHS
The semi final is complete and on Monday the three semi final contests will be done to find the three finalists for the grand finale on Wednesday.