The quarter finals of the 2017 National Science and Maths Quiz starts today after 27 schools made it to this stage following their respective victories.
Defending champions Adisadel College will have their contest later today against Takoradi SHS and New Juabeng SHS as they look to repeat their feat.
All schools who have qualified into the quarter finals of the National Science and Maths Quiz will avoid the preliminary stage next year.
Below is the list of qualified schools:
1. Ghana National College (Won with 39 points)
2. Aburi Girls (Won with 42 points)
3. ArchBishop Porter Girls (Won with 43 points)
4. Tamale SHS (Won with 49 points)
5. KNUST SHS (Won with 44 points)
6. University Practice SHS (Won with 54 points)
7. Takoradi SHS (Won with 32 points beating Benkum SHS in the tie break after each school finished the contest on 29 points).
8. New Juaben SHS (Won with 52 points)
9. Adisadel College (Won with 64 points)
10. Ghana Secondary Technical School (GSTS) Won with 48 points
11. Prempeh College (Won with 49 points)
12. Aduman SHS (Won with 35 points)
13. Mawuli SHS (Won with 49 points).
14. Holy Child SHS (Won with 40 points. Was a tight contest between them and Kumasi Sec Tech)
15. West African SHS (Won with 43 points)
16. Aggrey Memorial (Won with 42 points beating Notre Dame Girls with the final riddle)
17. Anlo SHS (Won with 31 points beating St. James Seminary who had 22 points)
18. Mfantsipim Boys SHS (Won with 50 points beating St. Peter’s on the tie break as both schools ended the contest with 47 points).
19. Wesley Girls High School (Won with 41 points)
20. T.I Amass SHS- Fomena (Won with 36 points)
21. Kumasi High School (Won with 49 points)
22. St. Hubert Seminary/SHS (Won with 43 points beating Chemu SHS on tie breaker after both schools finished on 40 points).
23. St. Thomas Aquinas SHS (Won with 67 points).
24. Nifa SHS (Won with 42 points)
25. Jachie Pramso SHS (Won with 35 points).
26. Presbyterian Boys SHS- Legon (Won with 45 points).
27. Keta SHS (Won with 52 points)