Ghana football giants, Kumasi Asante Kotoko have vowed to beat Bechem United in a bid to maintain their 100% home record this season following their home game win against Liberty Professional.
Kotoko have 4 points from their first two games and look set to continue with their sublime form under tactician Dravko Lugarusic.
Bechem United will having their first taste of this season Premier League after being bundled out of their Africa Campaign by Algerian side MC Algers.
KUMASI ASANTE KOTOKO VS BECHEM UNITED
Bechem Utd 2-3 Kotoko**
Kotoko 4-3 Bechem Utd
Bechem Utd 1-0 Kotoko
Kotoko 2-1 Bechem Utd
Bechem Utd 1-3 Kotoko**
Kotoko 2-1 Bechem Utd
Bechem Utd 0-1 Kotoko**
Kotoko 0-0 Bechem Utd
Total matches played – 8
Kotoko wins – 6
Goals scored – 15
Bechem Utd wins – 1
Goals scored – 9
Drawn games – 1
* MATCH FACTS
* Bechem United yet to WIN @ Asante Kotoko HOME grounds in the Ghana Premier League since 2011 when they played their debut game in the competition.
* Asante Kotoko yet to LOSE Day 3 HOME game in the GPL since 1999.
1999 Kotoko 3-1 All Blacks
2000 Kotoko 1-0 Power
2001 Kotoko 3-0 Bofoakwa
2004 Kotoko 3-1 Okwawu
2007-08 Kotoko 1-0 All Stars
2010-11 Kotoko 1-1 Mighty Jets
2012-13 Kotoko 1-1 Lions
2013-14 Kotoko 1-0 Edubiase
2015-16 Kotoko 2-2 Medeama
W7 D2 GF16 GA5
* The last time Asante Kotoko LOST Day 3 HOME game in the Ghana League was 8th July, 1984
Kotoko 0-1 Hearts**
Goal scorer: Sam Yeboah
* Bechem United yet to SCORE/DRAW/WIN in Day 3 AWAY game in the GPL since 2011.
2014-15 All Stars 2-0 Bechem Utd
L1 GF0 GA2
* The first time Kotoko lost @ HOME in the GPL since 1999 is 24th Mar. 1999 in match Day 5 in the 1999 season against Power FC (0-1).
– Since then, Kotoko have played 245 games @ HOME in the GPL.
W170 D44 L31 GF419 GA161
* The last time Kotoko lost @ HOME in the GPL is 23rd Apr. 2016 in match Day 9 in the 2015-16 season against New Edubiase United (0-1).
– Since then, Kotoko have played 11 HOME games (990 mins ) so far in the GPL.
W7 D4 GF15 GA5
* Kotoko have lost 32 out of 248 HOME games so far in the GPL since 1999.
* Kotoko have so far played 248 HOME games in the GPL since 1999.
W172 D44 L32 GF423 GA163
* The first time Bechem Utd won an AWAY game in the GPL since 2011 is 2nd Oct. 2013 in match Day 4 in the 2013-14 season against Aduana Stars (1-2).
– Since then, Bechem Utd have played 42 AWAY games in the GPL.
W4 D7 L31 GF26 GA68
* The last time Bechem Utd won an AWAY game in the GPL is 26th May, 2016 in match Day 28 in the 2015-16 season against New Edubiase United (0-1).
– Since then, Bechem Utd have played 1 AWAY game (90 mins ) so far in the GPL.
L1 GF1 GA3
* Bechem Utd have so far played 59 AWAY games in the GPL since 2011.
W5 D13 L41 GF37 GA98
* The last AWAY side to prevent Kotoko from scoring @ HOME in the GPL is Berekum Chelsea who secured goal-less drawn game on 28th Aug. 2016 in match Day 27 in the 2015-16 season.
* Asante Kotoko HOME matches in the month of FEBRUARY in the GPL since 1999.
10/02/99 Kotoko 1-0 Goldfields
14/02/99 Kotoko 3-1 All Blacks
15/02/07 Kotoko 2-0 Bofoakwa
25/02/07 Kotoko 0-1 RTU **
24/02/08 Kotoko 2-0 Tema Youth
08/02/09 Kotoko 1-2 Hearts **
03/02/10 Kotoko 2-0 Kessben
24/02/10 Kotoko 2-0 Chelsea
26/02/12 Kotoko 2-0 Liberty
24/02/13 Kotoko 3-3 Liberty
23/02/14 Kotoko 2-1 Dwarfs
26/02/14 Kotoko 1-0 Amidaus
07/02/15 Kotoko 0-1 Hearts **
22/02/15 Kotoko 0-0 WAFA
12/02/17 Kotoko 2-1 Liberty
W10 D2 L3 GF23 GA10
* Bechem United AWAY matches in the month of FEBRUARY in the GPL since 2011.
26/02/12 Hearts 0-0 Bechem Utd
16/02/13 AshGold 0-2 Bechem Utd**
04/02/15 AshGold 2-1 Bechem Utd
11/02/15 Chelsea 4-2 Bechem Utd
28/02/16 Dreams 1-0 Bechem Utd
W1 D1 L3 GF5 GA7
* Kotoko have so far kept 224 CLEAN SHEETS out of 496 games in the GPL since 1999.
* Bechem Utd have so far kept 41 CLEAN SHEETS out of 118 games in the GPL since 2011.
* Asante Kotoko have won the Ghana league title on 23 occasions since the competition started in 1958.
* Bechem Utd Best position in the GPL since 2011 is 5th with 42 points in the 2013-14 season.
* Asante Kotoko worse performance in the Ghana league since 1958 is 11th out of 15-club league in the 1970 season.
* Bechem Utd worse performance in the GPL since 2011 is 15th with 29 and they were relegated in the 2011-12 season.
* Kumasi Asante Kotoko are currently 2nd with 4 points after Day 2 games while Bechem United on the other hand are 12th with 0 point with 2 outstanding games on the Ghana top-flight log.
Credit: Isaac Amponsah (Ike) and Bright Yeboah Taylor